Today we bring you a recipe straight from the coast, a very popular dish in Peru, and pleasant to the taste as well as your sight. This is how you see it, Its about fish aguadito, a rich recipe characterized, for having a look to see, because liquefied coriander is added, and quite thick consistency thanks to the added rice. We see that the aguadito has many ways to prepare, more today we will do it with a fish like snook, characterized by being of a low budget, that is to say economic, and for having a firm consistency, since when cooked it does not change its shape, and maintains a delicate and smooth flavor.
It is usually ideal for any type of occasion, let it be breakfast, lunch or dinner, It should be noted that everything has to do with your taste and preference, that is, what you usually eat, in each of those meals. It is an easy recipe to prepare, It does not have some kind of ingredient that is difficult to find and you could present it in a special meeting, more if you have friends who love coastal food, Having said all, we want to help you in the preparation of this excellent dish.
Stay until the end and taste with us the wonders that the sea offers us, for the preparation of delicious dishes inspired for you.
Fish Aguadito Recipe
- 1 large sea bass head
- 1 kg of sea bass in fillets
- ¼ kg. Red tomatoes
- ¼ kg. Rice
- ¼ kg peas
- ¼ kg. Yellow potatoes
- ¼ bunch cilantro
- 2 green peppers
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Shall, Pepper, comino,according to seasoning
- 1 tablespoon of ground paprika
- ½ cup oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
Preparation of Fish Aguadito
Very good friends, The first thing we will do is properly prepare the site where we are going to work, and we will begin to explain this delicious recipe to you, as usual, through simple steps:
- First you will need the help of a pot, to which water and salt will be added in a good adequate quantity, since in this water we will add 1 large head of snook, leave until well cooked, that's an approximate 30 minutes
- The head cooking time has elapsed, are you going to take it out of the pot, and you are going to grind it, until it's dissolved. Once this is done, you will return it to the pot with the same water and let it boil for 20 minutes over medium heat.
- The boiling time is over, you remove the pot from the heat and you are going to strain the broth, to get the remains out of his head, namely, the thorns and gills.
- Then to the broth you will add 3 liters of water, a little more salt to taste and let it boil for a few minutes.
- Apart in a pan we are going to prepare a stew, ½ cup of oil we let it heat and we will add 1 large onion, finely chopped into small squares, 4 garlic cloves, minced, 1 tablespoon of ground paprika, 2 green peppers also ground, 1 tablespoon tomato sauce and salt and pepper to taste, you wait for them to fry and brown.
- Now the stew is ready, we are going to add it to the broth that is boiling, and at the same time we will add ¼ Kg of peas, make sure they are clean, ¼ kg of yellow potatoes, well peeled and chopped in two, de igual manera ¼ kg de red tomatoes chopped in two and ¼ kg of well washed rice, and you season it to taste.
- Then you put it to boil and when it is half cooked 6 to 8 portions of sea bass fillets chopped into squares, you must bring it to a boil over medium heat, this way you prevent the water from evaporating, and finally you are going to add ¼ of crumbled coriander or you can liquefy it with a little water.
- And finally, tests like this for seasoning and remember that it should be more liquid than dry., since that's where the name of aguadito comes from and that's it.
Consejos para hacer un delicioso fish aguadito.
As a very important tip, is that you notice that the snook is fresh, since we will use its head and from there its flavor will lie a lot.
You can make the aguadito with another type of protein either chicken, beef and even pork. Because its elaboration is not limited only to fish.
You can also use any type of fish, since it adapts to the variety of fish and shellfish out there.
You can also add the vegetables you want, add more spicy than recommended and if you wish, a little corn would also be good.
Usually the aguadito is not served with some accompaniment, but nevertheless, you can add a little yellow chili sauce.
Yes OK, this recipe is quite traditional and therefore, it will be to everyone's liking. We know that we all have our tricks or secrets in the kitchen that will add great flavor, sin más que decir que have a good profit.
And as expected, we will show you the benefits of some foods that we have prepared today., since it will give us an idea of how healthy it can be to include them in our daily meals.
We start with the benefits of snook, and its consumption in soup, since we use the head of the fish for the soup.
Its consumption generates a high nutritional contribution in terms of minerals such as, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, iron and sodium.
Potassium is essential for the normal functioning of the body. And at the same time it is a kind of electrolyte.
And phosphorus is also of importance as it helps the body, in the use of fats and carbohydrates. It also helps your body in the production of proteins, for growth, repair and preservation of cells and tissues.
And iron on the other hand is responsible for generating hemoglobin, which is the transport of oxygen from the lungs to all cells.
Source of Vitamin B12 is essential for your body to follow an adequate rhythm, keeping it active.
Also contains vitamin A and C
Vitamin A is usually a very important nutrient for vision, growth, the reproduction, cell division and immunity, besides above all, it is a good antioxidant.