Today we are going to share with you a recipe to "lick your fingers", that's right friends, the dish that we present to you on this occasion, it's a bit of an alternative to what we've gotten used to. It is what we commonly call or are known as caramel cookies.
Being a recipe normally sought after as a dessert, which is characterized by having a delicious and crunchy flavor, this time we are going to adapt it to a salty dish, namely, salty alfajores stuffed with fish. The specific fish that we will be using in the elaboration will be the sardines, and we will accompany it with a delicious mayonnaise that we will teach you how to prepare.
The origin of alfajores is uncertain or unknown, what we know is that, is a recipe that unites us as Latin Americans since it is very delicious. This recipe is ideal as a starter or as a snack, ideal for those moments of sharing, where we have run out of ideas and we need a delicious dish to give joy and pleasure to those we love, family, friends or even coworkers.
Without more to say, we invite you to stay until the end, and that you can prepare this recipe and tell us what you think.
Salty fish Alfajores recipe
For the mass
- Flour 250 grs.
- Salt and pepper, satisfaced
- 200 g butter.
- 200 grs. unsalted cream cheese
For the filling
- 6 chopped sardines
- Mayonnaise made with a yolk
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
Preparation of salty fish Alfajores
To start preparing the recipe we will indicate you through steps, how to prepare this delicious food, pay close attention and let your inner chef out.
We will start by doing the following and first prepare the dough as follows:
- In a bowl or bowl, you are going to place 250 grams of flour, to which you will add salt and pepper to taste, then you will add 200 grams of butter or margarine, you start to knead to join the ingredients. Already joined the flour with the butter, you are going to add to the dough, 200 g of cream cheese without salt and knead until compact, (it is not necessary to knead it much)
- After having kneaded, you are going to put the dough in the ice cream maker or freezer for a time of 3 or 4 hours.
- The time of the dough in the refrigerator has already elapsed, with the help of a mallet, on a table you are going to roll out the dough, leaving it a bit thick. Calculating the thickness you want in your alfajores, and with a round cutter you are going to cut 4 medium medallions (or the size you want).
- Then you are going to transfer the medallions to a tray and you are going to prepare the oven, at a temperature of 180 ° C and you are going to put the medallions until they have a golden appearance, that's why you must be aware.
And for the filling we will do the following:
- First you are going to take 6 sardines, and you will chop it into pieces as small as possible.
- Then you prepare the mayonnaise with an egg yolk in the blender, you add lemon, oil and salt to your liking.
- Having all this, mix the sardines with half the mayonnaise.
The filling is ready and the medallions are taken out of the oven, we will proceed to fill in. You will glue two medallions with the sardine filling and so on with the others. Then to plate you sprinkle what is left of the mayonnaise on top, and finally you will chop a hard-boiled egg and spread it over the alfajores, To accompany.
Tips for making a delicious salty fish Alfajor
Remember the importance of, when buying your fish, be cool. Always make sure of that, so that the flavor can be more intense and delicious.
You can also use another type of canned fish mixed with the mayonnaise, or even if you are not such a fish lover. You can use another type of protein either, chicken, beef, of course you must crumble it, but you are free to add what you like the most.
If you find it difficult to make mayonnaise, lack of time, you simply use one that is already prepared and add salt to taste.
We will share with you the nutritional value of some of these nutrient-rich foods that we have prepared for you. Knowing how important it is to have a healthy intake in our daily diet.
One of the cheapest fish on the market, and more accessible is the sardine, that's right friends, the sardine seems to be an ordinary fish more. But appearances can be deceiving, since it is an extraordinary food, with healthy and beneficial properties in large quantities.
The sardine is a blue fish, containing an excellent amount of omega 3 fatty acids. Siendo este nutriente un factor importante para mantener bajo los niveles de triglycerides and cholesterol in the blood, even reducing the problem of developing atherosclerosis and thrombosis, as it increases fluidity in the blood. Its consumption is recommended for people with cardiovascular diseases.
It also has vitamins of group B, ie B12, B3, B2, B6 that help in the production of sex hormones, the formation of red blood cells and among other important functions.
Also contains fat and oil soluble vitamins, as are vitamin E, A and C.
We will also highlight, what vitamin A provides, which besides being a great antioxidant, tends to be a highly important nutrient for the
Vision performance, increase, the reproduction, cell division and immunity.
Vitamin E is a nutrient soluble in fats and oils, is a good antioxidant that can help cells protect themselves from free radicals. Its consumption has been shown to be of great help in the prevention of heart disease. Helps prevent future eye complications, like vision loss, waterfalls, etc.